The design revolution
Affinity Designer has truly changed the world of graphic design. Five years of intensive refinement since launch have been dedicated to Serif's unwavering vision of a powerful, super-smooth app which improves your workflow and allows your creativity to shine.
No bloat, no gimmicks, just all the tools you need, implemented how you always dreamed. Affinity Designer is a stripped back, pro-end workhorse that will always get your job done.
Fast and glorious
Affinity Designer was created to thrive on the electric pace of the latest computing hardware. Live, Responsive and incredibly fluid, it's simply a joy to use.
- Pan and zoom at 60fps
- Live gradients, effects and adjustments
- Real time blend mode previews
- All transforms and curve edits previewed live
As complex as you like
The engine behind Affinity Designer is built to handle huge documents so you can be confident in adding all those tiny details without any compromise to performance.
- Optimised for documents of any complexity
- Handle 1000s of objects with no lag
- Organise with layer groups and colour tagging
- Live outline view for accurate selections
Vector or raster, you decide
With a single click, switch between full featured vector and raster workspaces. Just think about what that means... add raster brush textture to your illustrations, edit single pixels on icons, mask and add grain to your crisp vectors, enclose and clip pixel layers. This is true creative freedom and the possibilities are endless.
Vector and Raster
Built for your workflow
Thousands of designers around the world have said how they need their graphic design app to behave. Serif have put that knowledge at the core of Affinity Designer.
Continuous slice export
Saveable history with alternate futures
CMYK, 16 & 32bit, Pantone, ICC profiles
Customisable keyboard shortcuts
Advanced grids, snapping and alignment
PSD, AI, PDF, SVG, JPG, TIFF, EXR
Linked symbols and constraints
Any device, anywhere
Whether on Windows, Mac or iPad the features and file format are exactly the same. This gives complete freedom to seamlessly working across your, (or your team's) different devices with the same file.
Work in RGB or LAB colour spaces - even up to 32-bits per channel. Plus if you're designing for print, pantone support, end-to-end CMYK and ICC colour management are built in as standard.
Rock solid vector tools
Affinity Designer is full of tools meticulously developed for achieving high productivity, while maintaining 100 percent accurate geometry.
- Comprehensive vector toolset
- The best pen & node tool available
- Pencil and brush stabilisation
- Non-destructive boolean operations
Advanced grids and guides
The options you have for setting up grids and guides is almost unlimited. Whether it's a standard grid pattern, or full isometric with multiple planes, you hav full control over spacing, sub divisions, gutters, angles and more.
- Column and page guides
- Isometric grids and planes
- Auto-alignment tools
- Pixel snapping and alignment
One million+ percent zoom
This is what we mean by power. From the beginning Serif developed an engine to work to floating point accuracy. What does this mean? 1,000,000% zoom.
Layout all your screens, pages, menus and other items in a single project across any number of artboards. Export artboards, or any individual elements in your designs, with a single click.
- Create artboards of any size
- Choose from preset device sizes
- Output full artboards or elements in any format
- Export as 1x, 2x and 3x resolution in one operation
Symbols allow you to include unlimited instances of the same base object across your project. Edit one, and the rest update instantly. It's easy to create multiple versions of symbols with some attributes detached, or even have symbols within symbols to allow some really innovative ways to speed up your workflow
Live pixel preview
Pixel perfect designs are assured by viewing your work in pixel preview mode. This allows you to view vectors in both standard and retina resolution, giving you a completely live view of how every element of your design will export.
Whether working with artistic text for headlines, or frames of text for body copy, you can add advanced styling and ligatures with full control over leading, kerning, tracking and more. At any time convert your text to curves to take full control and produce your own exquisite, custom typography to add serious impact.
- Comprehensive OpenType support
- Artistic text and text frames
- Character and paragraph styles
- Flow text along any path
Professional output for print, screen or collaboration
Advanced file support is at the core of the back-end technology behind Affinity Designer. All the major image and vector file types are supported, including PDF/X4, EPS, SVG and full layered PSD support.
New features added to the latest 1.7 update:
- Big performance increases across Mac, Windows and iPad
- Pen and dial support for Surface devices
- HDR / EDR monitor support
- Create and edit directly in any isometric plane
- New transform mode in Node tool
- Lasso selection
- New sculpt mode added to pencil
- Add unlimited strokes and fills to a single shape
- New point transform tool
- Many grid improvements, including a new cube grid and column guides
- Many PSD import / export improvements
- Layers studio revamp
- Pixel persona now supports sub-brushes and symmetry (up to 32-way)
- Alternate futures for document history